Who we are
Sierra Leone Standards Bureau is an Agency of Government responsible for developing, publishing, and promoting standards in the country.
It does execute its mandates through standardization, metrology and conformity assessment activities. Some of these activities are testing, inspection and certification. These activities ensure that products or goods and services produced in Sierra Leone whether for local consumption or for export are safe, reliable and are of good quality.
To be the leader in impacting development through the deployment of standards- informed Quality at all fronts.
To collectively promote standardization, Metrology, and conformity assessments to build a robust National Quality Infrastructure (NQI) that drives economic development
- Provide Customer satisfaction
- Promote teamwork.
- Uphold integrity, impartiality, professionalism and excellence
- Uphold social responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain international and local partnership.
The Nation first.
- Testing and inspection
- Management system certification
- Product certification
- Standards development
- Calibration and verification
- Library and information dissemination
- Training and sensitization
- Public education and consumer protection